- Creative Nature Brownie Mix
- 3 tbsp Milled Flaxseed
- 9 tbsp Water
- 125g Dairy Free Spread
- 100g of frozen strawberries
- 40g of caster sugar
- 2 tbsp of gluten free flour
- 1 tbsp of water
- 500g icing sugar
- 50g of dairy-free butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of hot water
- 200g vegan chocolate
Share this recipe
- In a bowl, mix the flaxseed and water, then leave to stand for about 10 mins, until gloopy.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/400°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Add the brownie mix, flaxseed and dairy free spread into a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into a square baking tin and place in the oven for 20-25 mins.
- Pour the strawberries into a saucepan and add the caster sugar, gluten free flour and water.
- Let this boil for 5-8 minutes and stir to stop any burning.
- Once it is like jelly place in the fridge in a container to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add the icing sugar, butter, vanilla extract and strawberry compote. Then whisk until it is thick.
- Slowly add the hot water and keep mixing until it thickens.
- Once the brownies have cooled, pour over the strawberry mixture and spread evenly. Let this set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the brownie is setting, melt the vegan chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Pour this onto the strawberry layer of the brownies and let it set in the freezer for 5 minutes.