- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Creative Nature Cacao Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup neutral oil
- 2 1/4 tablespoons red food colouring
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (Nielsen-Massey is allergen friendly)
Share this recipe
- Preheat oven to 350° and line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together dairy-free milk and vinegar then set aside 5-10 minutes). Depending on your milk, it may or may not curdle, which is ok.
- Sift together dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda and salt) into a large bowl.
- Whisk oil, food coloring and extracts into the “buttermilk” then gently mix into flour blend. Mix until smooth (some small lumps are ok).
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Place in oven and bake 18-20 minutes, using a toothpick to make sure center is done. Let cool 5 minutes in pan then remove and all to fully cool on cooling rack.