- 115g Dairy free butter (at room temp.)
- 110g Brown Sugar (soft)
- 100g White Sugar
- 1 x flax egg (1 tbsp milled flaxseed with 3 tbsp water)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 x Pinch salt
- 130g Plain Flour (GF)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 100g Cacao Nibs
Share this recipe
- Preheat oven to 160c (fan oven).
- Mix the flaxseed with the water and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Cream the sugars into the spread. Do not over mix as this will cause your cookies to spread too much.
- Mix in the flax egg and the vanilla essence.
- Now add the flour and mix.
- Fold in your cacao nibs.
- Place the cookie dough in the fridge to chill for AT LEAST 1 HOUR. If you skip this step your cookies will likely spread too far into one whole massive cookie!
- Roll the cookie dough into balls using 1.5 tbsp of mix per ball.
- Place 6 balls per baking tray and make sure you leave enough space for them to spread a little.
- Bake the cookies for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the tray to cool slightly.